As the current COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause fear and panic throughout the world, feeling stressed is an understatement. First and foremost, it’s important in a time like this to stay calm and clear. Don’t rush to conclusions or give in to the panic without looking at facts. Breathe.
While the situation is affecting businesses and causing unexpected problems, it’s also taking a toll on health — even if you’re not infected with the virus. As a board-certified health counselor and nutrition expert, founder and president of Southwestern Empowerment Katy Kvalvik offers three tips on how to stay healthy, reduce stress, and build resilience during a pandemic.
- Eat an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Eat whole foods, most vegetables.
- Hydrate with room-temperature water.
- Remove refined foods.
- Increase the amount of rest and sleep.
- Have a morning and night routine.
- Focus your mindset on the controllables.
- Write our priorities and plan your day.
- Slow down and pause to have deep reflection.
- Practice breathing.
For more on Katy’s teachings, coaching, and to book her as a speaker for your next event, visit southwesternempowerment.com.